Core Values & Strategies
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
Music opens doors
Musicians build bridges
Christ transforms lives
The power of music in missions often begins with the unique access afforded to musicians.
People who are unwilling or unable to welcome a pastor, may graciously greet a team of skillful vocalists and instrumentalists.
With power comes responsibility.
At Music in World Cultures, our responsibility is to:
Equip musicians and laypeople in the local church with leadership and teaching skills for biblically based work in cross-cultural settings.
- We provide intensive, Bible-based training seminars and workshops that focus on the biblical truths surrounding worship and how to navigate the challenges of a diverse musical society for pastors, worship leaders, musicians and educators.
- We believe it is essential to also train volunteer church staff, musicians and laity not involved with music on biblical principles of worship, the theology of worship and the role of music in worship, discipleship and evangelism.
- We partner with existing professional, academic, religious and national organizations to provide hands-on worship planning, to result in a deeper understanding of the truths about what God desires in worship.
We want to raise up nationals, i.e. those who live and work in the local community, as teachers for theologically accurate worship training.
Educate people across the world with practical music training to enable and encourage biblical worship.
- We provide ongoing music education so people can express their joy in Jesus Christ in their own musical language and in their own culturally relevant way.
- We teach in areas of special need, performance on Western or indigenous instruments, vocal performance, composition, conducting and research.
- We strive to recognize opportunities to develop short- or long-term relationships through initial contact from performing or teaching in religious or academic institutions.
We want strong musicians who create biblically based worship compelling to their own culture.
Engage performers, teachers and leaders with local, national and international opportunities to serve.
- We connect interested individuals and organizations with available opportunities in teaching, performing and serving through internships, short-term trips and long- and short-term teaching opportunities in partnership with indigenous institutions or individual nationals.
- We serve as liaison between indigenous music institutions and organizations in the United States and abroad.
We want to connect people through the love of Christ and express that love musically.
Envision growth, outreach and new relationships while helping in the strategic planning and development of those projects in cross-cultural settings.
- We consult with churches and organizations to develop strategic plans and vision for future relationships, outreach and service.
- We help analyze current situations, develop plans for addressing specific issues and needs, connect interested individuals and organization with ongoing, successful projects and provide resource materials.
We endeavor to empower all nations to express their joy in the Gospel.